“What do I get if I become a member?”
- It’s only twenty bucks, and you get to be a member of great organization
- You get to participate in The Society’s decision-making
- Be a programmer! You have the opportunity to create your own show on the air, or help on a regular basis with someone else’s show
- You can volunteer your skills toward a long term role in broadcast media
- You can hang out at the station! We’re stocked with local fresh coffee
- You can volunteer your skills towards a short term objective, like representing at an event or a music festival
- You will learn a LOT! For FREE! (well, except for a membership fee)
- You can get free, hands-on training using technical broadcast and presentation methods
- You will get connected with other community members like you!
- You get to attend meetings, including the AGM and other socials. Sometimes there’s yummy items involve!
- You can go to sleep at night, knowing that you’ve helped make a positive impact on the world. All too often it’s proven that consuming for profits is not the way to health and happiness. By financially supporting an influential tool like radio, you’re directly responsible for global progress.
What is the Radio Malaspina Society & CHLY?
RMS is the not-for-profit society that runs the radio station. CHLY is that station which presents both talk and music shows, mainly made up of aprox. 50 volunteer programmers.
Additionally, it’s a media that….
- Showcases and fosters local talent, business, and culture
- Is facilitated by the people and accessible to the people
- Is free from corporate or government influence
- Promotes ideas and opinions that are underrepresented or ignored in mainstream medias
- Serves as promotional platforms for grass roots social action movements
- Is not for profit
- Highlights Canadian-specific aspects
Be sure to fill out all fields, and you will be added to our membership database immediately.
Welcome to RMS, new member!